Join us in Tiverton for an opportunity to explore the link between self harm and suicide. You will learn from research, evidence and best practice in the prevention and management of self harm, and risk reduction.
This one day workshop in Tiverton is open to anyone
- Who is interested in finding out more about self harm & suicide prevention
- Who may work or volunteer in services where they support people who self harm (eg, AMHPs, Primary Care staff, Practice nurses, registered and non registered staff in A&E, MIND, RETHINK, etc)
- Who works within any organisation or setting where they may need to respond to people about issues of self harm & suicide (eg Call handlers responding to issues of debt, HR or Personnel staff, volunteers or staff in food banks, publicans, barbers & hairdressers, etc)
Aims of the day:
- To explore what we can learn from national and local information & statistics
- To appreciate the differences & similarities between self harm and suicide
- To have a flavour of some of the current research
- To look at local examples of how to change things in practice to prevent suicide
- To share information, references and sources of help.
Continuing Professional Development: Certificates will be provided to demonstrate CPD for those who need to do so
Costs: The standard price for our one day events is £175, but if you book before the 20th December, the early-bird rate is £145.00. Book your place soon to take advantage of this offer! To ensure that we have the widest possible participation, a number of supported places will be reserved on all our courses for people who are on low income or who are unable to claim the cost from their organisation. To apply for a supported place please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I apply? Booking will open soon - we'll let you know when.